Social Icons

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Exes and Me

So, someone close to me had a break up.I knew the two people well for quite a long time. They were together too, for quite a long time. But, now they broke up. Ideally, it should have been so. End of the story. But no, in reality, the after effects are still there. The sad part is the after effects are to be suffered not by the  2 main characters in the story, but their well wishers who were with them. And that includes the likes of me.

What happened is that the ex Juliet in the story has un-friended him and blocked him from all sorts of social contact. But well enough, the ex Romeo creates new ids and profiles and messages her. And the drama still continues.

And then there is me. Me, who was nobody in the story, but a good old friend. I never asked these people to meet up or break up. But then also, I am being subjected to periodic and forced involvement in the story. The ex Romeo being my friend messages me so as to get in contact with her.

First, I used to get whining stories. Sad stories. So, there was consoling from my part. More sad stories, more consoling. And this went on for quite a while. Finally it reached the limits. And me in all my politeness told him that it is none of my business to interfere in others personal life and asked him to stop involving me in this.

Guess it worked , atleast for a week. But now it has restarted all again.. Being my FB friend he sends me messages. The funny part is that he sends me long stories for which I am not able to reply to because his account is instantly deactivated after he messages me. So, guess he silently reactivates his profile, messages me and BOOM, he does the disappearing act again.

And me, I don't know what to do. Because, if I try to message him, I can't because he is a ghost in FB then. I can't block him nor unfriend him because for that you need a working profile. And I can't stay up the whole day and night just to see when his profile is active again. So I am the subject of constant ghost messaging by this guy.

So, I decided this is the only way out. When you relogin to your profile and snoop on my profile, which I know you will...please take the pains to read this, for I have written this especially for you.

Break ups happen. But life should go on. But if you are so adamant that life shouldn't move on, then OK your wish. But please stop involving the likes of me and stop playing this hide and seek Drama. The rest of us have our not so seemingly perfect lives and problems to handle. And this is the umpteenth bye and I won't disturb you again message that you are sending me. So I sincerely wish one day it becomes true. Not that bye part, I would still like to be your friend like I was before, but that I won't disturb you with this crap part. Seriously bro, learn to stick on to your words.

Sincerely hope you move on with your life.. and leave the likes of me to live in peace...I truly respect your feelings.. But...


so long
me.....

1 comment:

  1. Times change.. People change. .. Mindset change..eeverything will be washed away.. Just memories and words remain deep inscribed... That's the present world... Live on.. Move on.. Easier said. Reality bites!!!

    ReplyDelete