Social Icons

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some Rainy Memories....

Disclaimer:Long post again,Didn't mean to bore anybody.But jotting down memories could sometimes make you lose track..and hence I shall please be forgiven .
************************************************************************************

Its the last few weeks @ my hometown ........

The rains seem to be in an unrelenting mood over here..much to the wrath and complaints of my mom..who is in a blame mode,blaming the rains for the clothes which can't be dried up properly..blaming the rains for disturbing her shopping sessions n visits to the temple...

That for you folks is my mom, who was only complaining just a few weeks back as of how hot it is,and how it never rains nowadays..:D

But seriously,I am in love with the rains...I don't mind if my clothes dry up a little late..or I don't mind even if I get completely wet when I go outside...

In fact I love to get drenched in the rains... I have many many beautiful memories which I can link with rains..

Memories of a beautiful and fun filled child hood playing in the rains...

I used to wait for my summer vacations to be with my cousins..And I was truly blessed to live in a place where the rain Gods did always tend to show mercy on us almost every time,even when summer was supposed to be at its peak....

The first drop of rains and it was time for us kiddos to go out,for that ritual rain bath....

I should say,that kind of fun I have never have had after that...

Ironically,its been some time that I have spoken with some of my "co rain bathers"(yea,I just invented that phrase)..the people who defined my childhood vacations....due to lack of time,burdens of an adult life..and in some cases,due to a difference of opinion..:)..

Maybe reliving our memories again through those rainy sessions we had,might help us to patch up..should seriously try it out!!

The place I lived until sometime back was a very beautiful one.The experience of a rain over there was priceless.

In summers,when it used to rain, the clouds used to come down ,down so close to the earth that you would feel like you could catch them with your hands.And a drizzle during winters meant snowfall in the hills surrounding us.....

I loved that place..and I wana go back again....but I don't know when....:(

I have had many long walks in the rain...

Most of the times with my friends, and in that case it will be at least 3 people under one umbrella... struggling for a teeny weeny bit of shelter

And sometimes alone..that would be when I am sad..pathetic fallacy I would say.....

Of course,there are memories of many many beautiful days I spent inside my room..doing just nothing,but listening to my favorite music ,enjoying the drizzle outside and just dreaming, dreaming and dreaming on....

Rains again bring memories of those many many bike rides I had ,in which I used to get wet from top to toe..but cared none the less..I still have those bike rides..and I still love it...

And I will never forget the cold coffee during the rains ( yea,cold coffee n rains,i know it is crazy..but what to do I am sometimes a bit crazy)..

Its still raining outside as I jot down this post....

I love everything about the rains....

The feel of the raindrops on my skin....
The sound of the rain against the ground....
The fresh smell of the earth after rains...

And each and every memory of mine associated with rains.....will always remain priceless for me.....

chitz....

2 comments:

  1. hey hey
    I also luv rainy season.
    Mujhe aaj bhi wo din yaad atey hain jab main janboochkar raincoat ghar par chor deta tha. Taki school se laut te waqt main barish ka maja le saku.
    I really miss thoose days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sound of rain so enduring it can be listen for hours and hours...

    ReplyDelete