Social Icons

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Conversation....



Relative 1: hey long time, how r u?
me: fine aunty,how r u?

R1:so where r u now?howz every1 @ home?
me:good..m at so n so place..

R1:so,you work now?
me:yea...

R1:really,I thought you were not working.
me: smiles(in my mind,then y did u ask)

R1:so where do u work?
me:I work for a web portal

R1:huh?what is that?
me:I work as a content developer for a company

R1:huh?u r an engineer rite?
me:yea..but i m not working as one...

R1:oh,so u didn't get any placements?
me:no..i m working as a writer..something different from what I am trained for...

R1:yea...OK,OK...but you should have worked as an engineer...
me:I don't want to,I love my job..I love to write...

R1:they pay you for simply writing?
me:NO,I DO IT FOR CHARITY...

R1:really???
me:noo ..they do pay me for "SIMPLY WRITING?"

R1:hmm..ok..cant fight with fate...not everybody can get a good job..look at you poor thing..what all hopes we had,,one day we all thought you would become a BIG engineer...

me:and do what???build bridges n dams???

R1:noooo,y should engineers do that?contractors do that....We dreamed that you would become a big software engineer

me:I never studied to become a software engineer..my stream was completely different...

R1:oh...so,you didnt do engineering?n your mother told you were?

Me:I did do engineering......but my stream was Biochemical Engineering...

R1:huh...ok..but still you could have worked as an engineer for a good company...

Me:I work for a good company...

R1:but..you are not an engineer..you simply write stuff right?something like a private secretary??

me:Wht???huh???what are you....Oh,pleasee...(in my mind,where did this private secretary come from?)

R1:what all you could have been..a DOCTOR ,an ENGINEER....

anyways,nice to see you....but I tell you,writing and all... seriously....I don't know...

me:aunty,,if you don't know..then y comment??

R1:ah ohk..you were always like this...never did listen to anyone..anyways I gotta go now...

me:Ohk..byeee( thank GOD)

End Of Conversation!!!!!

Notes to self:

Never jump in front of these relatives....Never try to explain things to them....

Why to complicate stuff????
Let Ignoramuses be ignoramuses....:D

chitz....

24 comments:

  1. ha ha..nicely put.Does in any case her children are Engnrs/Doctors? These half educated relatives think S/W Engineer is the one and only profession on Earth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I am familiar with this. People draw blank stares when I try to explain why I don't work in Java or .net even though I work in an IT company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Thats perfectly put! Hilarious.Auntiessssssss!!! I hate them to the core! I even wrote about them long back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true yaar!...so many think the being a software engineer is everythn..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nive:no,but i guess she was playing the "since,advices are free,why not I give some out" game..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ narayan: join the club friend..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ aditya:i know,there are people who just can't get a good nights sleep without giving out some "gyaan"

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ divya: yea..you should know better..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. he he he....u knw these are the relatives who have many problems with our comfort and comfort from our problems...and by the way hope eng and doc are not only 2 quality profession on this planet....by the way u do work...which is the best...writing...at least we can be true to this profession...wat say...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should also write something similar. But here the context is different. My relatives keeps asking me why I am not going anywhere outside India (read gulf gulf) ? So gave up on explaining and now I skip marriages and functions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So what if you can't chose your relatives, at least you can chose your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @niraj:i am happy.that i m doing something which i enjoy doing..no cribbing and complaining..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ nibin:so i see noone is spared...thee should b a rule against these nosey gyaan giving relatives...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @purba: yea..should thank God for small mercies like that..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha ha..
    liked the conversation very much.. :D

    New to your blog.. jumped here from Mr. Lemon's blog..

    Nice blog you have.. :)

    Will be back for more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ arpit: Thanks..n welcom 2 my blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hee!hee! Girl, that's audacious!

    Aren't you glad you are not near them for long? ;)

    Love the spirit.. don't u change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ joe:i kno..imagine being wid thm thruout..

    ReplyDelete
  19. lolz :D
    thats relatives & their so called care :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ ASR:yea..life can sometimes be a big comedy...:)..welcom 2 my blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ satish:i cud very well do without them..:)

    ReplyDelete