Social Icons

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Holiday Scribbles 4 -A longlost place...

There was a place..
a place somewhere..where everything was nothing but the best..
everyday was nothing but a celebration and every next moment was nothing but a hope so high and a wish so pure...
and every other person was a friend so good or a soul so near...
We lived in that world..we relished the joy...we marveled and was astonished at the wondrous luster of the nature around us...
And we lived,everyday..to the best as it was possible...

And those days were called the days of "childhood"...

The days when the sun was a golden ball and the ant was the tiniest creature possible..
The days when you were amazed at the falling rains and those twinkle twinkle little stars in the sky....
The days when 'chocolate" was the biggest gift you could ever imagine...
The days when sleep visited you whenever you wanted it to...
The days when your father's love was heaven and your mother's arms were the most safest place on earth....

Something which we will never get back...
Something which we look back always ,as an innocence long lost...
Something which we wonder..why we had lost it..

And that was my childhood too...
Which i sometimes wish i could get back.....




And i wish i could go so high on that empty swing again ...
Just to shout out that "I am on the top of this world"....

chitz......

(Image courtsey:www.eyefetch.com/image.aspx?ID=108605)

14 comments:

  1. hey this one is well written..thanks for commenting on my blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna kill U for catalysing my homesickness to an all time high... Mummmmyyyyyyyyyy :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me nostalgic abt my school days...
    I wanna be a kid again.... **sobs**

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey,

    Lovely blog.... now i feel so nostalgic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written!

    No matter how quickly your chronological years tick by, I believe it always pays to keep the child alive in some corner of you.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post took me way back to the same place I used to have a lotta friends and their fun filled memoirs... Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. if only i could go back to school... (Sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @PRINCE:such a feeling at such a moment inspired me to write down this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @parikshith:its true..the child in us never dies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @chandni:yup sweetie..even i wish so..everybody does..i guess..

    ReplyDelete