Social Icons

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My bengali diaries-part 4

well,this one begins with a more positive note than the last time. Atleast i am not spending time alone in a house deprived of electricity....
Thanks to the generous and kind hearted electrician,from among the lot of attitude filled ones who lighted up my house again....




Well,have to say the days here are going pretty pretty fast..One day its monday,and befor you know,its Monday again....the umpteen number of parties that took place played a great role in the speeding up of days and time...I wonder where did time go soo soon?



And for me,i gave up my content writing job.Reason:i cant get my brain to write on stuff..stuff which i fall asleep on reading the first line itself..This attitude of my so called literary brain landed me in trouble ,i fought a waging war...and the end saw me throwing caution to the winds and quitting the only source of personal income i had for the past 2 months.
Not that i worked much,since i had many other unpaid priorities in my hand like event management,anchoring and all tht b******,which i am forced to do...
Now its back to square 1 again here..From an engineer to a home -maker to a writer cum event manager(the second one being UNPAID)..and now again a home-maker..dnt kno whn i will land in tht 'engineering' square again??
Gotta look out for these signs now..



I cant say i am a full time home-maker now,I guess I am more of a 'blog-maker' now..My time in front of the computer is dedicated exclusively yo my blog...changing templates,adding gadgets,so on and so forth...atleast seeing my blog beautiful makes me happy!!!

Speaking of joy and happiness,its festival time....
Onam has neared upon us....and this is my 3rd onam away from my home...
WELL,have invited around 15 ppl tht day for the traditional 'onam sadya'...which i will be preparing for the first time in my life ...Poor people!!!



And since we dont have plantain leaves..we will be using plastic plantain leaves..a modern touch to traditions....

And its also the time of durga puja in the land where i am staying right now...
Statues of Maa Durga like the one below have started to adorn the roads..
Its a first time experience for me...hoping to enjoy the maximum...




And my doggie Bliss...he continues to remain the free spirited wanderer he is...
Nowadays he comes to us either when he is hungry or when he need medial attention,both which we provide..Should have started a kennel!!!


And for the rains,they still continue to visit us,but with lesser intensity...
Thanx to the rains the already cramped highway is filled with potholes...
Should travel through the roads in a boat than a car..Take a car out and you are sure to destroy it...
Well atleast we are thankful to have rains...which saved us from the horrible sticky weather.

This people,this is what you call seeing the two sides of the same coin!!!

Well thats how my life is going on here...
And b4 i say adieu..
I wish all the readers a very Happy Onam(even if you are hearing about it for the first time)!!! :)

to be cont'd......

3 comments:

  1. Happy Onam to you as well ! :)

    This is life .. and the one constant with it is 'change' !

    Poor people, yeah ... they'd have to bear with so called 'food' ;)

    Take care and enjoy the spirit of festival !

    Sourav...in love with me and life

    ReplyDelete
  2. well..my food is generally ok..the prob is the whole-scale production..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this year the power cuts will be less (so they say)

    ReplyDelete